2010-12-06

Nearing a release and iOS fun



While my new engine Aether3D is not yet as feature-complete as my old engine, I will soon make its first release. The engine now works on iOS. That's right, I tested it on my iPod Touch 4th gen. and it works without any decrease in quality when compared to the other OS's. Porting was very easy. I just created an iOS OpenGL Xcode project and added the engine's GL portion into it. Then I converted the generated file extensions from .m to .mm so that I could use the engine's classes in the test program. My engine's code is in C++, but I had to configure Xcode to compile it as Objective-C++ because texture loading functions and several other functionality now uses Objective-C in the iOS project. Input uses the gyroscope and it was fun to play with.

No comments: